May 6, 2012

Rhabarberkuchen von Jane

Untitled

Isn't this the most rustic/beautiful slice of homemade cake you've ever seen? I was one lucky girl for having it all to myself the other day. And I'm so inspired to try making it sometime soon! This lovely Rhubarb Cake was baked by Jane, the girlfriend of Andreas (one of my Sprachentandem partners). Much love for saving a piece for me, guys!

The bottom layer had a familiar cake-y texture to it. I tasted chunks of cooked rhubarb in a vanilla-flavoured sort of custard in the middle layer. And the top layer seemed to me like light and fluffy, sweetened and baked egg whites. Mmm. The three layers fused excellently together, resulting in a wunderbar cake. On that note, German cakes are so under the radar! I stumbled upon a superb local Konditorei the other day, omfg. Blog post on the scrumptious cakes at Café Haertle coming real soon.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 06, 2012

    Oh Shelley i´m so happy about your blogpost and that you like my cake. You´re so sweet :-) here is the Recipe: http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/237191096536118/Rhabarberkuchen-sehr-fein.html
    but dont take water for the cream but rather milk!

    Lots of love
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jane,

    Of course I loved your cake, it was fabulous! Thanks for the link and for the tips!!! I will definitely report back to you once I make this cake (probably sometime next week)... hopefully it turns out as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete